Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Beheading of Marie Antoinette

Last night, like most nights, I close my laptop, turn off my desk lamp and pop into bed. Before I start the drama of trying to fall asleep, I scroll through my Instagram feed (for some reason I like looking at it before I get to sleep - I like looking at cool photos to get my creative side going) and eventually I set my alarm on my phone. 

Unfortunately, I stumbled upon the most amazing photo posted by Ex-Playmate Holly Maddison. She was posing with a friend and both were wearing this amazing hoodie dedicated to Marie Antoinette. Naturally, I fell in love with it and had to find where it was from.

The Beheading of Antoinette.
(Click on image for Threadless link.)


I love the simplicity of the design. The colours used are very French and the illustration as a whole is lovely. I love the quote and the very French type used. It really is the best illustration that I have seen in awhile. (Well, apart from these which I discovered from DesignLoveFest.com).

While I'm still pondering over wether or not I actually need the hoodie, the image now adorns my desktop wallpaper and makes me smile so. damn. hard. 

And it also makes me want cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment