Thursday, February 24, 2011

Flying high

This weekend I had a go at the free trial Aerial classes at Aerial Divas in the Pole Divas Richmond studio.  The hoops were fairly big, weighted hoops hung 1 1/2 meters off the ground.  I was highly nervous.We started off with a pretty big warm up session which involved practice lifts onto the hoop.  I found those to be pretty easy, I could definitely feel the muscles in my biceps even if I did have a spot underneath me.  We did spins which were pretty fun and then we got to mount the hoops.  aerialsYou pull yourself up, hook a leg over the hoop and the maneuver your other leg on the hoop so your sitting on it.  Then you maneuver yourself off it (it's hard to explain).  I found getting myself up their pretty scary and a bit hard.  I don't have much strength at the moment, but hopefully in the next few months I will. <p>

Another trick we were taught was pulling ourselves on the hoop so our stomachs were balancing on it (like the second photograph below).  We had to have two people holding the hoop (one on each side) otherwise the hoop would've flopped about and it would've been too tricky to hold onto it still.  I found that a bit hard, but once I did it I was so proud of myself.

I was definitely pleased that I ballsed up and went as on my way there I was getting very nervous as I didn't know what to expect.  I am really excited (and a bit terrified!) of starting it in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment