Monday, August 15, 2011

A mini road trip for a miniblondeone

One of my favourite things from my birthday was a mini road trip to the Hot Springs at Mornington Peninsula with the wonderful Brooke. I'd never been down there before (or if I had it was many, many years ago and I didn't go to the Hot Springs), so was pretty surprised at just how quick and easy it was getting there.

We stayed at some serviced apartments which were very good. They were massive beach houses which would be better suited for a small family. I would recommend staying with them if you only needed a night.

The next day, we arrived at the Hot Springs about an hour earlier than planned. Unfortunately, the cafe wasn't opened yet so we went to a cafe in Rye called Picknics, which was what one of the staff recommended. Boy, she was spot on about how good they were!

The cafe was very cute. They had quite a few sea themed decorations including a clock with a wreath which had starfish scattered in it and some random objects which you would find on a boat on the walls and above the door. I wish I'd managed to take pictures of those as well. We saw this sign on the chalkboard which made us giggle.

I had 'Tim's Omelette' which set me back $14.50 and a skinny cappuccino with two sugars. They were both as good as they look! The coffees were so good we went back for seconds for the drive back into Melbourne.

After our yummy breakfast, we went back to the Hot Springs. We had a wonderful 'Kodo - Detoxify' full body massage. I was a bit worried about what kind of oils they would use (and how many) as I have hay fever and didn't want to have that interfere with the massage. Luckily, it didn't. The masseuse was excellent. By the end of the massage, my right shoulder was back to normal and a majority of the tension was gone. Below is a description of the massage from the website:

Kodo
"This rhythmic body massage is inspired by traditional Australian Aboriginal techniques which tone and re-align energy flow, enhancing mind and body balance and wellness. A combination of pressure points and spiralling movements ground and uplift, balancing the body's energies. A choice of native aromatic oils are selected to address individual client needs - to rejuvenate, reharmonise or detoxify"

After our massage, we went to the public bathes treatment area. We were given massive robes and I borrowed some of their slippers which were even bigger - it was quite funny!

We were in the private bathes section and it was wonderful. The had separate baths on various levels and the higher you went up the staircase, the hotter they were. Although once I dipped my feet in, I actually found they weren't that hot - well until I'd been floating in one for about 20 minutes! ;-) Below are a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment