Saturday, October 15, 2011

Christmas shopping: done and dusted!

Apart from my birthday and Halloween, Christmas is my favourite time of the year. It's the best time to indulge in baking (and eating) all those gorgeous little treats (bonbons, cupcakes, cake, mince pies, oh how the list goes on) and shopping (of course!).

I know it's only October, but this year my Christmas shopping for my immediate family has been done and dusted, with thanks to online shopping. And yes, a majority of those stores were from the United Kingdom. I have to say though, shopping online can be just as exhausting as it is in the actual store! Some reasons why:

> Registering an account.
This can be a huge pain especially if you are an international shopper. They don't recognise your home address or your telephone number! What to do?! You have to find tricky ways around it to ensure they have all your details in the form.

> Converting.
Oh God. Conversion rates! I'm rubbish with maths. I really am terrible, so I have to open up xe.com on another tab and quickly do a conversion to see how much it will be in AUD and if I have enough in my account. Then you have to log onto NetBank.

> Decisions.
The one thing I find really really great about online shopping are the reviews and the descriptions. You need to read them all to see exactly what people think about that product. You don't want to spend lots of money on an item to find out it won't work properly, or look the way it does on the screen.

Apart from those three main troubles I have with online shopping, I still love it. Everyone loves getting mail! It's even better when the item you purchased fits exactly. You don't have to deal with the massive rush in the stores and snotty customer service staff. Yes, it's a wee bit antisocial, but that's the way it's going. I'd take online shopping any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment